Licensed architect or soon-to-be licensed architect with a strong passion for sustainability and competence in all aspects of design and project management. Evidence-based design, analytical thinking, and independent work capability performing a variety of assignments requiring organizational and communication skills. Perform leading design charrette, analyses of design, programming, occasional post-occupancy studies, reports and specifications. Review completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations. Meet with clients and coordinate with other disciplines. Projects include higher-ed, K-12 schools, local government buildings, PV systems, rainwater reuse,
- Work with principals and the project team to develop building design
- Work with clients
- Manage consultant team with schedule and project coordination/communication with structural, FMEP, landscape, civil, cost estimator and other consultants
- Promote innovative technologies to improve sustainability and lifecycle footprint of buildings.
Particular expertise in green remodeling, zero energy building design, passive building design a great plus.
- Resolve technical and design issues with the team to produce technically sound and constructible solutions.
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes and ADA requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of sustainable design, energy modeling, LEED/WELL, and other green rating/design systems.
- Produce drawings and specifications for permitting and bidding
- Involved in construction administration; site visits, contractor communication, consultant coordination, and construction contract administration.
- Commitment to high performance design and sustainability
- Licensed Architect or to be licensed in a year
- 3 to 10 years of related experience
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, SketchUp, Rhino, and other 3D rendering a plus.
- Understanding of building codes, standards and building systems
- Knowledge of building construction and the elements of construction documents
- Strong communication and relationship-management skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
Job Type: Full-time
- Revit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sketchup: 1 year (Preferred)
Check this job position on indeed.com